Thursday, January 27, 2011

The 100th Post

March 16th, 2000 and 9,

I was really feeling quite fine.

That is when this blog began

Even if I was “The Why’s” only fan.

*

I first introduced you to the Newark streets,

With a harsh life for some that just repeats.

You saw school fights and broken lights

And at times, a complete loss of rights.

*

My next big adventure was out of The States,

To Dublin I went and met some new “mates.”

Ireland was lushly beautiful, no doubt,

And now I wonder how I’ll visit again and go about.

*

You were with me, dear blog when I was scared of planes,

Or when I was stuck in the “village of the dead,” called Slane.

I told you readers about being called homeless,

And when I got lost because my internship had no address.

*

Senior year was briefly documented despite class,

So you got to read about eating dinner under an overpass.

There were also some confusing moments in time,

Like how was I supposed to graduate and make life sublime?

*

Finally, you followed me to New York City,

Where life is enjoyable, humorous, and sometimes gritty.

I laugh and I mess up; I feel infinite and occasionally confused.

But I hope “The Why” and I always keep you amused.

*

So cheers dear blog, and cheers reader to you!

Happy Birthday to the “The Why” - what a dream come true.

The 100th post is now finally complete.

But may there be countless more adventures to beat.


May there be 100 more.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

mom said...

I love your blog Brit. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! It's so much fun to read it and to live vicariously through "The WHY"!!!!!

Love you, mom