Saturday, August 21, 2010

In Love


I’ve finally done it. It’s finally happened.

And I know it’s only been a week since my more permanent move to Astoria. I can hear you cynics now, out there saying, “how can she know?” But I do. There is nothing I have been more sure of in my life. I thought we were just close friends, or maybe just partaking in an infatuation of sorts. Never the less, ever since that fateful day in a coffee shop last Sunday, I haven’t been able to get him out of my head.

Can you believe it? Just like that and I knew! I knew I was going to be swept off my feet. I tried to resist, and was even a little terse with Mr. Mysterious. Still I thought of him day in and day out. So I am making a bold declaration of undying love over my blog.

Here is a letter I wrote to him during a subway ride when I knew I could no longer consider my heart unclaimed:

Dear Mr. New York Bagel,

You are too fabulous for words. I don’t understand how the bakers create something so much better than any other bagel in the world; some say it’s the water, some say it’s the boiling, some say in the ingredients… but it doesn’t matter to me. I tried to resist, even though I saw you on every corner of every street – literally. So to borrow a quote from an old chum of mine “you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.”

Faithfully,

B



I'm going to look like a bagel by the time I leave here.


Bagels in the freezer waiting to be devoured...

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Katelyn James said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha 1. you scared me 2. you're adorable and 3. I miss u!

Brooke Huley said...

Hahaha I love it! In L.A., it's DONUTS!!!!!!!!!! There is a donut shop literally on every block, and these donuts are the best I've ever had in my whole LIFE.

Stephen said...

you know many of the qualities of your love I also have: 1. I'm a little tough and salty 2. I'm great in the morning 3. My legend has been understated round the world

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you had me. I thought maybe you had met some stanger in a coffee shop!!! Well, you are very like your mother. I have been in love with Mr. NY Bagel ever since Patrice introduced me many, many years ago. I haven't been able to find anything like them anywhere!!!!!! I think you send your poor old mother some every once on a while!!!!! :) Great update!!!!!Love you, mom

Dad :) said...

You are trying to kill your poor father... LOL... First, a 12 hour trip to NY, moving in 105 degree heat, 3rd floor apartment with no elevator, and now "in love" with Bill Bagel... Bring him on - I look forward to meeting Mr. Bagal but just an FYI - if I don't like him, I may literally bite his head off... :)